Using this document you can get an understanding of how to start tracking the events and behavior of users on your Outgrow content using Facebook Ads manager.
You can learn more about how to integrate your Outgrow account with your Facebook Pixel account here. The next section elaborates on how to create custom conversions using these events. More help from Facebook on custom conversion in this article.
1. Using custom conversions, you can optimize and track specific actions using events that happen on your calculator or quiz. As mentioned earlier, the following events get tracked when you add the Facebook pixel to your Outgrow content -:
A. Page View
B. Landing CTA Clicked
C. Lead Form Submitted
D. Result CTA Clicked
2. To create a custom conversion click on “Create Custom Conversion” on the Custom Conversions page. (Events Manager > Custom Conversions).
3. On the pop-up which appears on clicking Create Conversion, choose a suitable conversion.
You can choose any of these events depending on the objective of your campaign. For example, if your objective is Lead Generation then choose the event “Lead Form Submitted”.
4. Under “Rules” select “Event Parameters” and add the calculator name.
5. You can also add the URL for further specifications.
6. Don’t forget to give a suitable name to your conversion event.
7. Click on “Create”. Your custom conversion is ready to be used in Facebook ad campaigns. Your custom conversion is ready to be used in Facebook ad campaigns.
If you are running a campaign on Facebook for your quiz or calculator, you might want to avoid reaching out to the people who have taken the quiz or used the calculator already. If you wish to exclude people who've converted after seeing your ads, you'll need to capture them into a Website Custom Audience and use exclusion targeting in your ad campaigns to exclude your converters from seeing your ads.
For example, you get a 'ResultCTAClicked' event on your quiz: Which is the Best Pasta Recipe For You?
1. Create a Website Custom Audience using your 'ResultCTAClicked' standard event. You can follow these steps to learn how to do this.
2. Once someone clicks on the Result CTA on this quiz, they'll be added to the ResultCTAClicked Website Custom Audience.
3. When creating your campaign, you can select to exclude your 'Result CTAClicked' Website Custom Audience. Since this audience updates dynamically, if someone sees your ad and then makes a conversion, they will no longer see your ad in the future.
Once you have configured Facebook Pixel, you can keep a track of whether the respective Pixel is firing or not. You can navigate to Events Manager in your Facebook Ad Account, and click on the Overview tab here. You will be able to see more details about the different Pixels configured here in this section.
If your events are not appearing in the Test events tab within one minute, try the following steps to start seeing events:
1. Pixel troubleshooting.
2. Disable any adblockers you are using.
3. Refresh your website and try interacting with it again.
4. App troubleshooting.
5. Force quit your app on your phone, then restart it.
6. Make sure that you're logged in to the Facebook app on your phone.
Feel free to reach out to us in case you have any questions or concerns, either using the chat feature at the bottom of the page or using an email that can be sent to [email protected] . We will be happy to help you out.
Updated 29 days ago