For Pardot users, who haven't signed up for Outgrow, you can sign up here and follow the instructions below. If you have any questions, please reach out to us via chat on the bottom right of the page.
Use Outgrow content pieces that are designed for conversion and engagement and push the leads you have collected to Pardot using our Outgrow-Pardot integration.
- An Outgrow account
- A valid Pardot account
- A live Outgrow content piece
- To start the configuration process you need to navigate to the Configure tab in your Outgrow builder dashboard. Click the Configure button on Pardot Integration.
- Click on authenticate with Salesforce SSO. Salesforce login window will prompt, you then need to use your SSO credentials to verify your identity.
- After authentication with Salesforce SSO, you can proceed to the next page. On this page, you will have to select the version of Pardot API that you are using and then enter Pardot Business Unit ID.
Mapping Fields and Testing Connection
Clients with Freelancer and Essential plan subscription:
For Essentials or a Freelancer plan only lead generation fields from Outgrow will be mapped to the respective fields on Pardot. All you need to do is to map fields and test the connection between Outgrow and Pardot. On clicking Test Connection a test record will be pushed to Pardot's contacts.
Clients with Business and Enterprise plan subscriptions:
Business and Enterprise plans allow you to choose multiple fields from both the apps, allowing you to send over data more than just the lead gen form details from Outgrow to Pardot. Set up integration by mapping Pardot's fields with fields from your Outgrow calculator or quiz.
Once you are done mapping the fields, we will push a test lead to Pardot with sample values. If connection and mapping are successful you will see this test lead in your Pardot contacts.
If your connection is successful you will see Active Status on Pardot represented by the green checkmark, which indicates that new leads on your calculator or quiz will be sent to Pardot.
Once the integration is configured and is active, you can navigate to the Pardot block to see more actions that can be performed on Pardot integration after it has been set up.
Re-configure- In case your Pardot credentials have changed or you want to connect Outgrow with a different Pardot account, then you will have to Reconfigure your Pardot integration to continue getting Outgrow leads in your Pardot account. If you have collected some leads on Outgrow but don't see them on Pardot then you should definitely try to Reconfigure once to fix it yourself. If that doesn't help then drop us an email with your query at [email protected]
View Mapping- If you need to go over which fields you have mapped to configure your Outgrow-Pardot integration, you can click on view mapping. you can then toggle between tabs to view the mapping across all fields.
Task History- This contains the list of all the leads sent to Pardot. The leads which are in queue to be synced will have status Waiting and those which have failed to sync due to some reason will be shown as Failed.
If due to some error in connection your leads from a calculator or quiz have not been sent to Pardot then you can Sync the leads to your Pardot account after re-configuring. All the leads which were not sent to your account will be sent to Pardot when you sync. If for some reason, even after syncing you do not see your lead on your Pardot account then reconfigure once and then Sync.
Deactivate - In case you don't want to send leads from a calculator or quiz to Pardot, you can simply deactivate it.
Outgrow now supports Salesforce SSO, which means you need to select your Pardot API as well as provide Outgrow your Pardot Business Units ID.
What is Business Unit ID?
Pardot Business Units help each division within your company focus on their unique marketing needs. Prospects and marketing assets are separated by business unit, so your divisions can market independently.
Pardot Business Units help you tailor and report on the effectiveness of your marketing.
- Use Marketing Data Sharing to control which records sync between Pardot and Salesforce.
- Provision new business units from Salesforce using the Pardot Setup Assistant.
- Get a unified view of your business units with B2B Marketing Analytics.
**How to create/configure Pardot Business Unit ID?
- From Marketing Setup, enter Pardot in the Quick Find box, and then select Pardot Account Setup.
- Enter a name for the business unit.
- Choose an admin for the business unit. The admin is responsible for activating the business unit and adding users.
- Save the business unit. After you save the business unit, we send the appointed admin a welcome email to guide them through the activation process. After activation, the admin can choose a new admin to manage the Pardot account.
When a Salesforce admin creates a business unit and appoints a user as the admin, the user gets an email notification with setup information. Business unit admins add users, configure Marketing Data Sharing rules, and configure Pardot before unpausing the Salesforce-Pardot connector to begin data syncing. Before you begin, make sure that your Salesforce admin enabled the Pardot Lightning app and that you have access.
Where to find the Business Unit ID?
To find the Pardot Business Unit ID, use Setup in Salesforce. From Setup, enter "Pardot Account Setup" in the Quick Find box. Your Pardot Business Unit ID begins with "0Uv" and is 18 characters long.
To learn more about Business Units, take a look at this document.
Updated over 1 year ago