- Getting your accounts ready
- Connecting your accounts
To connect your Outgrow account to Salesforce, you will need an active Outgrow account, and a live calculator or quiz. For help getting started with Outgrow, click here. For more information on how to get started with Salesforce on Zapier, you can start here.
Click here to save new leads from Outgrow as new leads to Salesforce.
1. Choose your Outgrow account from the list of accounts, or connect a new account.
2. To connect a new Outgrow account you will need to plug-in the API key of your account. You'll find the key under the API Key Heading in the Settings section of your Outgrow account.
3. Choose the calculator/quiz that you wish to use from the drop down.
4. Choose your Salesforce account from the list of accounts, or connect a new account.
5. Then select what type of action you would like to happen in Salesforce when a new lead is created in Outgrow. In most cases you choose the Create or Update lead or Contact action.
6. In the Salesforce Last Name field, select the corresponding Outgrow calculator/quiz field from the drop-down menu. Similarly, map other fields from Salesforce to corresponding fields from the Outgrow calculator or quiz.
Note that Outgrow allows you to map many fields so you can see a wide range of options below. To view the options that are available click the icon on the right side of the input field. Usually you will map the email field, the name field and the Source field (in this case would be outgrow) but you can also map the UTM source and other UTM fields, which signals the source of the traffic that came to outgrow. Other common fields to map include the Result values, the Calculator name, responses to certain questions and City information so that you can assign the lead to sales people based on their territory.
Pro Tip 1: if you cant find the field you want in the drop down you can use the search field that appears right above all the options.
Pro Tip 2: Make sure that the field types in Salesforce are text input or string fields so that there is no mismatch between the field types.
Pro Tip 3: Any custom field added to Salesforce will appear here. For example if a specific question in the calculator is about marketing budget but you dont have a field in salesforce for marketing budget you can create a custom field and then map the response to that question in Outgrow to the custom field in Salesforce.
7. Click Save + Finish.
Now, test the Zap to make sure it works. Once you’re satisfied with the results, new entries from your selected Outgrow calculator or quiz will automatically create a corresponding Salesforce lead.
Note: If you ever want to change this Outgrow and Salesforce integration, just go to your Zapier dashboard and tweak anything you'd like.
Updated over 4 years ago