Mailchimp is an All-In-One integrated marketing platform for small businesses. Using Outgrow you can create interactive content such as Quizzes, Calculators, Assessments, Polls, etc. to engage with the customers, and then set up an integration to automatically send the leads from Outgrow to Mailchimp.
Here's what you will need to get started:
- An active Outgrow account.
- A valid Mailchimp account with Web Services API access.
- Mailing List/Lists in Mailchimp where you can add the Outgrow leads.
- A live Outgrow content piece.
- Log in to your Outgrow account and open a live content piece for which you want to set up an integration with Mailchimp.
- Once you are in the builder, navigate to the Integrations section in the Configure tab. Under Native Integrations, you will see Mailchimp.
- Post clicking on the Configure Integration icon, an integration configuration window will open up. In this window, you will have to click on Authenticate With Mailchimp.
Log in to your Mailchimp account on the next screen.
- Once you are logged in, you will get an option to Proceed with List or Proceed with Segment.
5. When you choose to Proceed With List, in the first step you will be required to select the List in Mailchimp in which you want the Leads to be added.
You can choose to assign a single or multiple Tags to the leads as per your requirement. This is an optional step and in case you don't want to assign any Tag, you can click on Select and Continue.
Now you can proceed by mapping the fields.
Once you are done, click on Test Connection and Finish. Your Mailchimp integration is now active.
In case you have created a Segment in Outgrow to group leads using criteria such as Browser Type, Outcome Received, etc. you can map the Segment with a List in your Mailchimp account.
After clicking on Proceed with Segment, you can select the Segment from Outgrow and the List in Mailchimp where you want to send the leads.
Once done, you can click on Map Fields.
You can set up multiple cases, i.e. you can select multiple segments and lists to pass on your leads to Mailchimp from more than one segment.
After you are done with mapping, you can click on Test Connection. Now you can click on Save Conditions and Finish. Your Mailchimp integration is now active.
When you will navigate to the integration dashboard, you will notice that the Active button will be toggled on for the Mailchimp integration.
Once the integration is configured and is active, you can navigate to the Mailchimp block to see more actions that can be performed on Mailchimp integration after it has been set up.
Re-configure- In case your Mailchimp credentials have changed or you want to connect Outgrow with a different Mailchimp account, then you will have to Reconfigure your Mailchimp integration to continue getting Outgrow leads in your Mailchimp account. If you have collected some leads on Outgrow but don't see them on Mailchimp then you should definitely try to Reconfigure once to fix it yourself. If that doesn't help then drop us an email with your query at [email protected].
View Mapping- If you need to go over which fields you have mapped to configure your Outgrow-Mailchimp integration, you can click on view mapping. you can then toggle between tabs to view the mapping across all fields.
Task History- This contains the list of all the leads sent to Mailchimp. The leads which are in queue to be synced will have status Waiting and those which have failed to sync due to some reason will be shown as Failed. If due to some error in connection your leads from a calculator or quiz have not been sent to Mailchimp then you can Sync the leads to your Mailchimp account after re-configuring. All the leads which were not sent to your account will be sent to Mailchimp when you sync. If for some reason, even after syncing you do not see your lead on your Mailchimp account then reconfigure once and then Sync.
Deactivate - In case you don't want to send leads from a content piece to Mailchimp, you can simply deactivate it.
1. For every Outgrow content piece you create, you will have to activate or deactivate the integration from the Configuration section in the builder, in order to start or stop sending leads collected in Outgrow to Mailchimp.
2. Email field is a required field and needs to be mapped in order for the integration to be configured.
In case you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected], and we will be happy to assist you further.
Updated 8 months ago