Use Outgrow interactive experiences which are designed for conversion and engagement and push the leads you have collected to Intercom using our Outgrow - Intercom native integration.
- An Outgrow account.
(Freelancer and Essential plans include limited Integration through which you can sync lead details to Intercom, whereas Business and Enterprise plans include loaded integration which allows mapping all the fields including questions and responses from a content piece to Intercom.)
- A valid Intercom account
- A live Outgrow calculator, quiz or poll
- Log in to your Outgrow account and open a live content piece for which you want to set up an integration with Intercom. Once you are in the builder, navigate to the Integrations section in the Configure tab. Under Native Integrations, you will see Intercom.
- Post clicking on the Configure Integration icon, an integration configuration window will open up. In this window, you will have to click on Authenticate With Intercom.
Log in to your Intercom account and authorize access on the next screen.
- Once the authentication is done, you will get an option to Proceed with List or Proceed with Segment.
- When you choose to Proceed With List, in the first step you will be required to select the List in Intercom in which you want the Leads to be added.
A. Contacts option in Outgrow is equivalent to the Leads object in Intercom.
B. Users option in Outgrow is equivalent to the Active Users object in Intercom.
- Now you can proceed by mapping the fields.
Once you are done, click on Test Connection and Finish. Your Intercom integration is now active.
- In case you have created a Segment in Outgrow to group leads using criteria such as Browser Type, Outcome Received, etc. you can map the Segment with a List in your Intercom account.
- After clicking on Proceed with Segment, you can select the Segment from Outgrow and the List in Intercom where you want to send the leads.
Once done, you can click on Map Fields.
You can set up multiple cases, i.e. you can select multiple segments and lists to pass on your leads to Intercom from more than one segment.
- After you are done with mapping, you can click on Test Connection. Now you can click on Save Conditions and Finish. Your Intercom integration is now active.
When you will navigate to the integration dashboard, you will notice that the Active button will be toggled on for the Intercom integration.
Once the integration is configured and is active, you can navigate to the Intercom block to see more actions that can be performed in Intercom integration after it has been set up.
Re-configure- In case your Intercom credentials have changed or you want to connect Outgrow with a different Intercom account, then you will have to Reconfigure your Intercom integration to continue getting Outgrow leads in your Intercom account. If you have collected some leads on Outgrow but don't see them on Intercom then you should definitely try to Reconfigure once to fix it yourself. If that doesn't help then drop us an email with your query at [email protected]
View Mapping- If you need to go over which fields you have mapped to configure your Outgrow-Intercom integration, you can click on view mapping. you can then toggle between tabs to view the mapping across all fields.
Task History- This contains the list of all the leads sent to Intercom. The leads which are in queue to be synced will have status Waiting and those which have failed to sync due to some reason will be shown as Failed. If due to some error in connection your leads from a content piece have not been sent to Intercom then you can Sync the leads to your Intercom account after re-configuring. All the leads which were not sent to your account will be sent to Intercom when you sync. If for some reason, even after syncing you do not see your lead on your Intercom account then reconfigure once and then Sync.
Deactivate- In case you don't want to send leads from a content piece to Intercom, you can simply deactivate it.
For every Outgrow content piece you create, you will have to activate or deactivate the integration from the Configure section in the builder, in order to start or stop sending leads collected in Outgrow to Intercom.
Email field is a required field and needs to be mapped in order for the integration to be configured.
In case you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected], and we will be happy to assist you further.
Updated 7 months ago