Setting up a Poll in Outgrow
Using Outgrow you can now create a Poll, which lets you seek your audience's opinion about anything. You can especially use Outgrow's Polls, to get insights about your customer's needs and demands, and take their feedback about your products and services.
Like other interactive content, Polls are also intrinsically viral, and you can now create real-time polls with Outgrow. Let's see how to build and customize a poll in Outgrow.
How to design a Poll in Outgrow
1. Log in to your Outgrow account, and from the main dashboard, click on the Poll content type.
2. The 1st thing that you need to do is to choose whether you want to build a poll using a fresh design layout, or you want to opt for a poll design from our premade library:
A. Choosing a layout and designing from Scratch:
B. Choosing a pre-designed layout from Premade Library:
3. Once you have selected the appropriate layout, you can go ahead and customize your Poll in 3 easy steps:
A. Step 1: Customizing the Welcome Screen.
B. Step 2: Customizing the Questionaire.
C. Step 3: Customizing the Results Page.
You can also customize the Lead Gen Form and add or modify fields in accordance with the details that you want to collect from your audience.
We will now go over each of these steps one by one.
Step 1: Setting up the Welcome Screen
1. Click on the Welcome Screen setting option to start the process of customizing the Welcome Screen. In the Welcome Screen tab, you can specify:
A. Heading that will be displayed on the Welcome page.
B. Sub Heading that will be displayed on the Welcome page.
C. You can also specify the text that will be displayed on the CTA button.
D. You can also choose to display a media on the Welcome Screen, by enabling the Add Media toggle.
2. You can go to the Design tab, to modify the design aspect of the Welcome Screen in accordance with your branding guidelines. In this tab, you can upload a background image that will be displayed on the Welcome screen, and can also specify the Font Size, Type, and Color for the displayed text. You can also specify the alignment of text on the Welcome screen.
3. You can select the Welcome Screen layout as well from the Layouts tab. This will control how the text and media will be displayed.
Step 2: Customizing your Poll Questionaire
1. Post customizing the Welcome Screen, you can add Questions to your Poll. For each question, you can choose the Question Type, Question Text, Description, and Answer Choices. You can also choose to mark the question as mandatory if required.
For Question Types, you can choose between Single Select, Multi Select, Drop Down, Text Input, Text Area, Numeric Slider, Opinion Scale, Rating, Ranking Grid, Date/Time Picker, and File Upload. One thing you need to remember is that only Single Select question type is considered while calculating the poll result.
2. You can also customize the way in which the answer choices will be displayed for each question. For the layout, you can choose the Grid View and select how many options you want to be displayed in each row. You can choose whether the options will be displayed as a Square or a Circle.
NOTE: In case you opt for displaying an emoticon or image as an option in the Poll, you can choose the style in which the image will be displayed. Also for the layout, only Grid View is available for these 2 options, but in case you choose to display a text-based option, you can display the options either in Vertical layout or in Grid layout.
3. Under the Advanced tab, you can enable the settings in case you want to:
A. Allow users to be redirected to another URL when they click on the Submit button.
B. Specify a fallback value that will be considered, in case the user skips the question and does not answer it.
C. Add a Countdown Timer within which a user needs to answer the question.
4. From the Design tab, you can customize the design of the Questions page.
5. From the Layouts tab, you can customize the layout of the Questions page.
Step 3: Setting up the Results Page
The poll result is the number of people who gave the same response as the user taking the poll (in percentage). In the case of multiple poll questions, it is the average of the poll result of each question.
Here are the steps that you can follow to configure the Results page as per your requirements:
1. Post setting up the Welcome Screen and the Questions page, you can now focus on customizing the Results page. The first tab on the Results page is the Results tab, where you can configure the Poll Heading and Description that will be displayed on the Results page. You can also configure the URL that will be placed behind the CTA button. In case you want to display different sets of information to different users depending on the result that each user receives, you can configure Conditional Messaging as well.
NOTE: In case you want to show a poll summary to users, you can enable the Show Poll Summary setting.
2. On the Page Settings tab, you can Add Media, Social Media Follow & Subscribe buttons. You can also add Calendly and Chilipiper widgets on the results page.
3. In the design tab, you can modify the design aspect of the results page. From setting up the background image to selecting the Font Type, Size, and Color that will be used for the result page text, everything can be done from this section.
4. Lastly from the Layouts tab, you can select the layout in which the information on the Results page will be displayed.
Step 4: Setting up the Lead Gen Form
1. You can go to the Lead Gen tab to enable or disable the Lead Gen form from being displayed in your content. In case you choose to display a Lead Gen form, you can decide where you want the Lead Gen form to be placed. You can also set up the fields that will be displayed in the Lead form. In case you want to allow the users to skip filling the lead form, you can enable the Allow Skip toggle.
2. Under Advanced Tab, you can toggle on the settings in case you want:
A. The user should be redirected to a different URL when the submit button is clicked.
B. To ensure that you do not collect any Duplicate leads.
C. To use Clearbit integration for fetching user details automatically such as Linkedin Profile Link etc.
3. You can also configure the time delay post which the lead submission event will be triggered.
4. Lastly, you can go to the Design tab, to configure the design aspects of the lead form.
How the Poll Scoring works?
For each option selected the percentage of users who voted for that option is automatically calculated. For example, if there are 4 options and let's say a total of 30 respondents have participated in the poll. Out of 30 people who have participated let's say the single select question has been answered by 25. Of 25 participants if 10 people have selected option 1, option 1 will show a percentage of 40%. In order to add a single select question, select question type Single-Select. Lay out the options for the users to choose from. You can also add an icon or image to be shown with each option.
NOTE: Only a Single Select option will be counted as a vote in the poll.
Configuring Conditional Messaging on the Results page
Now you can show custom messages to poll users based on the result they get. Showcase a different text response depending on the result range. Ex: if the result is between 0-30%, you can show a message that reads "Only Result % people agree with you. Which is less than ........". Otherwise, the custom message can read "Result% many people agree with you on ...." You can add one or more conditional messages on a graded quiz. The range for the conditional message is picked up automatically based on the possible range of the results on the polls.
Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] in case you have any questions or concerns, and we will be happy to assist you further.
Updated 6 months ago