For Zapier and Buffer users, who haven't signed up for Outgrow, you can sign up here and follow the instructions below. If you have any questions, please reach out to us via chat on the bottom right of the page.
- Getting your accounts ready
- Connecting your accounts
To connect your Outgrow account to Buffer, you will need an active Outgrow account and a live content piece. For help getting started with Outgrow, click here.
1. Navigate to the Zapier page where you can set up the Zap between Intercom and Outgrow and click on Connect Outgrow + Buffer button.
2. On the configuration page select the trigger that will be activated when a new lead is submitted in Outgrow.
3. In the next step, you need to connect your Outgrow account with Zapier. In case you have an existing Outgrow account connected with Zapier, you can choose that account, else you can add a new account.
4. To connect a new Outgrow account, you will need to plug in the API key for your account. You'll find the key under the API Key Heading in the Settings section of your Outgrow account.
5. Choose the calculator/quiz/poll/graded quiz that you wish to use from the drop-down.
6. Fetch sample leads from Outgrow to test whether or not the connection is successful.
7. In the next step choose the action that needs to be performed when a new lead is sent to Buffer.
8. To get started with Buffer on Zapier, first, you will need to click to connect your Buffer account to use with your Zap.
9. You will be asked to name the account (it helps if you have more than 1 accounts)
10. In this step, you would be asked to login (if you are not already logged in)
11. This step will ask you to allow Zapier access your Buffer account.
13. Once you allow Zapier to connect with your Buffer account, a connection will be established.
Now, test the Zap to make sure it works. Once you’re satisfied with the results, new entries from your selected Outgrow content piece will automatically get added in Buffer.
Note: If you ever want to change this Outgrow and Buffer integration, go to your Zapier dashboard and tweak anything you like.
Updated about 4 years ago