Showing Similar Products in eCommerce quiz when there are no products that match the requirements
In Outgrow you now have the option to show similar products in an eCommerce quiz, when the requirements shared by the user do not match exactly with the products that you have.
What needs to be done in your Outgrow account
In Outgrow we now use the Backtrack Algorithm which means that we can now show Recommended products along with a separate list of similar products. These similar products will be shown at the bottom when there will be products that will be recommended on the basis of the options that a user chooses. In case there will no products that match the criteria selected by the user, then similar products will show at the top.
To test the functionality here are the steps that you need to follow:
1. Login to your Outgrow account and once you are in the Outgrow dashboard, click on your name of the respective content piece to open the eCommerce quiz in build mode.
2. In the respective eCommerce quiz, you can add products either manually one by one, or by pulling the products into Outgrow from your store on BigCommerce, Magento, or WooCommerce.
3. Once the products are added under Edit Products tab, you can go to the Build tab and setup all the questions and options. Once all the questions and question specific options are added, you need to navigate to the Recommendations tab where you need to map the products with the respective responses of each question by clicking on Map Products.
4. Once that is done you need to scroll down to the settings tab. Here to show Similar Products you need to enable Show Similar Recommendation setting. One thing that you need to keep in mind here is that you can display a total of 3 products on the results. So you need to set the Number of Recommended Products and the Number of Similar Recommendations accordingly, keeping in mind that the total number of products on screen are 3 only.
5. Once everything is set up, this is how the Recommended Products and Similar Product Recommendations will appear on the results page.
In case you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you further.
Updated about 1 year ago