Using Outgrow you now have the option to assign a score to the lead that you have captured, and then pass that lead score from Outgrow to your CRM or Marketing Automation tool. This works differently for Calculators and Quizzes, and you can learn more about how to set it up here.
1. In a calculator, you can create a new result, with a formula that is based on other questions and results. This new result will then be used to generate a lead score. An example of this could be:
A. Q1 is Budget.
B. Q2 is Team Size.
Supposing for your company a really good lead would be a client whose answer to Q1 is greater than 1000 and Q2 is greater than 25. So, in this case, you can assign a lead score of 9. For doing this create a new result R3. In order for the lead score to work, you need to enter this formula in R3, ((Q1>=1000) and (Q2>=25)?9).
NOTE: You can hide R3 from the end user in the calculator, but you can map R3 to lead score in the integration and this way you can send a lead score to your integration automatically.
In case you are building an Outcome Quiz/Graded Quiz or a Poll, you can still assign and pass a lead score. But in this case, you will have to use Segments along with Advanced Integrations.
To start the process, you need to finalize the number of lead score sets that you would like to have. Depending on the number of sets, you will have to create segments in Outgrow in the Analytics section. In this case, we will consider a lead score between 1 and 10. Accordingly, we will have to create 10 segments in Analytics.
NOTE: Segments will be based on the questions and outcomes that the user received after completing the quiz.
1. To start the process, you need to go to the Analytics section and then to User Details. Here you will create a segment for Lead Score 1 and will save the segment as Lead Score 1. For filtering the result, we will use the following filters:
A. The outcome is equal to 1.
B. Q1 is less than 100.
Note: This process needs to be repeated for every Lead Score that you will be considering.
2. In the second step, you will navigate to the Configure tab and then to the Integration sub-tab in the right navigation panel. Here you will go to the Custom Variable option and will create a Custom Variable with the name LS 1 (Key) and assign it a fixed value 1 (Value).
NOTE: Click on the check mark to save the setting for each Custom Variable.
3. In the 3rd step, you need to map the Custom Variable for Lead Score in Outgrow to the Lead Score field in your CRM or Marketing Automation tool. To achieve this you need to go to the Integrations section and choose the appropriate tool that you use.
4. Once you have linked your Outgrow account with the respective CRM or Marketing Automation tool's account, you need to choose to Proceed With Segments option.
5. In the next step, you map the Lead Score field’s rules. You specify that if it's Segment 1 then assign custom variable LS 1 to the lead score in the Marketing Automation / CRM tool.
Depending on the number of segments, you can repeat the process by creating more Custom Variables and Segments and then map the Custom Variable fields related to segments with the respective fields in your tool.
Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] or by using the chat window at the bottom of the page, and we will be happy to help you out.
Updated about 1 year ago