Clearbit is a data provider that offers a variety of different products and solutions to help with all stages of your business. Using Clearbit Enrichment you can look up a person and his/her company data based on an email or domain. For example, you could retrieve a person’s name, location and social handles from an email. Or you could look up a company’s location, headcount or logo based on their domain name. Using this you can enrich the profile data for the lead that you collect in Outgrow. By this what we mean is that you can transform any email address or domain captured in Outgrow, into a full person or company profile. This document will help you in getting a better understanding of how this enrichment will work.
1. Login to Outgrow and navigate to the specific calculator/quiz in which you would like to introduce this functionality.
2. Once the calculator/quiz is opened, navigate to the Build tab and then go to the Lead Generation tab.
3. Enable the Lead Gen form in the calculator/quiz and choose where exactly will it be displayed.
4. Navigate to the Settings section and toggle on the setting for Use Clearbit Integration.
4. Publish the changes to ensure the settings are applied.
5. Now once the user will access the calculator/quiz using a live link and will share his/her email address, the user's details will be auto enriched on the backend and same can be checked under User Details in the Analyze tab.
We at Outgrow have recently made few updates related to how you can use integration with Clearbit in Outgrow to enrich the details for leads captured using Outgrow's interactive content. Going forward you can navigate to your respective Outgrow content piece, and in the Lead Generation section present under Build tab, you can specify your Clearbit Secret API Key (refer to the screenshot below). An important thing to keep in mind here is that you need to use only the Secret API Key and not the Publishable API key, as the Secret Key is used for API lookups related to lead enrichment which is what is required. In case you use Publishable Key here then enrichment will not work and you will receive an error, as Publishable Key is used for Clearbit's internal analytics. You can access your Clearbit Secret Key from the API section in your Clearbit dashboard.
Enabling Clearbit Integration in your Outgrow content does not mean that the Lead Gen form fields will get auto-populated. The Clearbit API will only be hit once the lead form is submitted, to fetch additional data on the basis of the email address submitted by the user. These details will then be shown in the User Details section and can be exported via Export functionality in the Analytics section. Mentioned below are the 13 fields for which the data is captured and displayed in User Details:
A. User's Name
B. User's Designation
C. User Avatar
D. User's Website
E. User's Twitter Handle
F. User's Facebook Handle
G. User's Linkedin Handle
H. Company Name
I. Company Logo
J. Company Location
K. Company Type
L. Company Revenue
M. Number of Employees
Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected], or using the chat window at the bottom of the page, and we will be happy to assist you further.
Updated about a year ago