In case you are selling products using your Shopify store, you can now import products from your Shopify store into your Outgrow account and can use these products for providing customized recommendations to the users using eCommerce Recommendation Quiz. To integrate your Shopify account with Outgrow you need the following details:
A. Host Name
B. API Key
This document will show you how to import products from Shopify into your Outgrow account.
1. Login to the dashboard using your Shopify credentials.
2. In the navigation panel on the left click on Apps, and then click on Develop apps for your store.
3. On the App Development page, click on Allow custom app development.
4. Once the Private App Development environment is enabled, you need to click on Create Private App to create a new app.
5. While creating the Shopify app, you need to specify the Private App Name and Emergency Developer Email Address. The Emergency Developer Email Address can be the email address of the store owner, or any staff or collaborator. Then click Create App button.
6. After you create a custom app, you can assign API scopes to it. A custom app can have Admin API scopes and Storefront API scopes. Storefront API is unauthenticated, so for connecting your app to Outgrow, we suggest that you configure Admin API scopes.
7. You can configure the Admin API access scopes according to your requirement. Once the access is configured, click on Save to save the changes.
8. Select API credentials tab. In the Admin API access token section, click Install in the configuration window. After the Admin API is installed, click Reveal token once to show the Access Token.
9. The pre-populated API information needs to be added in Outgrow as mentioned below: will be pre-populated you need to use it in the following manner:
A. API Key will be the Username that you need to use in Outgrow while importing products from your Shopify account.
B. Password - Your Admin API access token needs to be added in the password field in Outgrow.
C. Hostname - Hostname is located in the store URL. To elaborate this further, if the store URL is https://outgrowtest.myshopify.com/, then the Hostname will be outgrowtest.
10. You can then access the respective eCommerce Recommendation quiz in Outgrow, and under Add/Edit Products tab, you can choose Shopify as the app from where the products need to be imported into Outgrow.
11. Using the details from your Shopify account, you set up and validate the integration between Outgrow and Shopify.
*NOTE: Before you connect your Shopify app with your Outgrow account, you need to make sure that you have at least 1 product added to your Shopify account.
In case you still have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you further.
Updated 10 months ago