Airtable Integration: Save new leads from Outgrow in Airtable
Learn how to integrate your Outgrow calculator or quiz with Airtable using our Zapier integration.
If you want to create or update the contact info of leads generated through your Outgrow calculator/quiz with Airtable, you can use our integration via or Zapier.
Here's what you'll need to get started if you choose zapier:
- an Outgrow account
- a Airtable Email account
- a Zapier account
- Getting your accounts ready
- Connecting your accounts
Getting your accounts ready
To connect your Outgrow account to Airtable Simple, you will need an active Outgrow account, and a live calculator or quiz. For help getting started with Outgrow, click here. For more information on how to get started with Airtable on Zapier, you can start here.
Connecting your accounts
Click here to save new leads from Outgrow as new leads to Airtable.
1. Choose your Outgrow account from the list of accounts, or connect a new account.zapier.com
2. To connect a new Outgrow account you will need to plug-in the API key of your account. You'll find the key under the API Key Heading in the Settings section of your Outgrow account.
3. Choose the calculator/quiz that you wish to use from the drop down.
4. Choose your Airtable account from the list of accounts, or connect a new account.
5. Then select what type of action you would like to happen in Airtable when a new lead is created in Outgrow. In most cases you choose the Create or Update lead or Contact action.
6. In the Airtable Last Name field, select the corresponding Outgrow calculator/quiz field from the drop-down menu. Similarly, map other fields from Airtable to corresponding fields from the Outgrow calculator or quiz.
Note that Outgrow allows you to map many fields so you can see a wide range of options below. To view the options that are available click the icon on the right side of the input field. Usually you will map the email field, the name field and the Source field (in this case would be outgrow) but you can also map the UTM source and other UTM fields, which signals the source of the traffic that came to outgrow. Other common fields to map include the Result values, the Calculator name, responses to certain questions and City information so that you can assign the lead to sales people based on their territory.
Pro Tip 1: if you cant find the field you want in the drop down you can use the search field that appears right above all the options.
Pro Tip 2: Make sure that the field types in Airtable are text input or string fields so that there is no mismatch between the field types.
Pro Tip 3: Any custom field added to Airtable will appear here. For example if a specific question in the calculator is about marketing budget but you dont have a field in Airtable for marketing budget you can create a custom field and then map the response to that question in Outgrow to the custom field in Airtable.
7. Click Save + Finish.
Now, test the Zap to make sure it works. Once you’re satisfied with the results, new entries from your selected Outgrow calculator or quiz will automatically create a corresponding Airtable lead.
Note: If you ever want to change this Outgrow and Airtable integration, just go to your Zapier dashboard and tweak anything you'd like.
Updated less than a minute ago